|Myrtle Head Cemetery|
Shelby County Texas
Transcribed by Lillian Bittick & Thelma Sigler Scott May 2000
The cemetery is located in what was once known and the Myrtle Head Community, located on FM. 1012 off Highway 96 S. The area is completely abandoned, overgrown and located on private property. To add to this site email Ray Jackson
A brief histra of Mirtle Head Church. The Church was organised the 9-2-1908 During a protracted meeting; held by A.L. Eaves Brother Croley Creach was chosen Moderater Brother A.L. Eaves Clerk: The No of Charter members 11 eleven: Twenty One others joined during the meting; clsing with 33 thirty Thre Inroles. Then on September the 20 met again and caled Brother T,N, Crock: as Paster, and Brother J.L. Covington Clerk and named the Church Myrtle Head. Brother Croley Creech Moderater at this Time.
The previous article was found in the files of Mary McSwain Danley and is recorded here exactly as the article was written.
|Mary Francis Brinkley||09/21/1896||10/02/1896||-|
|Mattie Elliott||01/24/1870||02/15/1938||Father J. N.Carroll-La., Mother Mattie Ambercrombie-Miss, Mother of H.A. Elliott|
|Laviga Mayes||11/16/1891||08/24/1902||Daughter of W. F. & M. F. Mays|
|Marvin Meridth Mayes||05/06/1885||08/04/1890||-|
|Sarah A. Robertson Mayes||02/19/1859||06/30/1889||Wife of J. A. Mayes|
|Viola Mayes||06/02/1875||03/29/1889||Dates could be 06/02/1889 and 06/29/1889|