1890's Paul Store School

        The 1890's Paul Store in 1893-1894, continued to be the name of the school until about 1910, when the name was changed to Ballard School, No. 28. The Teachers in 1910 were Carrie B. Goodson and J. R. Bruner and in 1911, the teachers were J. Frank Smith and Mrs. Goodson.  There were about 100 students in this school year. Mrs. Vera Swanzy, Mrs. Bobbie Tom Head and Hazel Polley Walker were the last teachers at Ballard School when the school was annexed to Strong in 1919.

The students and faculty are not identified


Photo courtesy of Mrs. Pug Goodson Prince and files of Mattie Dellinger